Re: ignition and calculations

>So, 12V*2ohms=24V really is a
>statement of what it would take to get through the 2ohm resistor. The
>formula is for Voltage drop. E*R=Ed.

Danny,

It looks to me as if your formula would give you compensation for voltage
drop caused by the resistor being in the circuit. In other words, 24
volts running through a 2 ohm resistor yields the same current as 12V
with a resistance of 1 ohm. I understand your reference to choosing wire
size and such, but can't see the relationship to the ballast resistor,
since we don't compensate for the ballast resistor by sending more
voltage through it.

John H.