Pertronics inside information

My ISP's mail server crashed Monday, and didn't come back until this morning.  Actually, they replaced the server

So excuse me for asking something that was no doubt obvious to everybody else.  Darrell quoted John's post about the Pertronix wave form, and the post started out (paraphrasing)

"the problem stems from the fact that the electronic...."

WHAT problem are we talking about?  Tachometer readings (guessing here).

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**