MSD coil & resistor questions....

So I've got an MSD Blaster2 coil to put on in place of the stock one and
the instructions say to use a 0.9 Ohm ballast resistor for a
points-ignition...I've got the Holley distributor & the gold box stock
set-up.  Would I need the resister?
The service manual says something about the gold box regulating the low
voltage to the coil??  (I'm trying to remember exactly what it said, but
it was late...that and I had the garage full of mosquito repellent
smoke)...

If I replace the pickup in the distributor with a Pertronix Ignitor, I
still need the gold box hooked up or could I replace it with a ballast
resistor and thereby have a more reliable system?  The reason I was
thinking that was the Ignitor is meant to replace points, so since there
is no gold box with the points distributor...
back to the coil, the Pertronix literature says to test your coil for a
minimum resistance of 1.5 Ohms otherwise use the recommended ballast
resistor.
so do I put in the Pertronix, resister, MSD coil and take out the gold
box?

Al Swan

'77 Scout, 'gaping rust holes aren't very aerodynamic are they?'