Re: Roll Bar & Gas Tanks

Steven T. Fischer wondered about roll bars in 800's

>I finally got a hold of a roll bar for my '68 800A and to install it I
need
to remove the gas tanks.  Any tips?<

Steve,

  Yes, you have to remove the tanks.  Not a big deal unless everything is
rusty like it was on my '67 800.  Take the rear wheel off, you may need a
small jack between the frame and the axle to make enough space to slide the
tank out.

  Be sure the roll bar mount bolt heads are facing the tank, the nut end of
the bolt will be pointing upward (inside the bed).  The bolts have to be
that way because there isn't much clearance above the tank.

  I suggest you replace all the tank mounting bolts with stainless steel.

Doug