re:scout racing

Hey Tom,
	I know I'm a little late on reply, but I learned an enormous amount of
stuff about "fool proofing" a car from a couple of friends of mine who ran
demolition derby races.  Now obviously you are not demo-ing your friend's
scouts, but I'd imagine a lot of the G forces are about the same.  One
thing they always do is put the battery in the passenger compartment within
arms reach.  This kind of thinking goes a long way, especially in demo
derbies because you cant get out and fix it.  Once you stop you're
done......  They also reroute fuel lines (easily pinched), never use an
eletric fuel pump (A sketchy misconception IMHO, its the connector) , glue
the plug wires on with silicone, incase the dist cap with electrical tape,
and try to uliminate any *connectors* form coming loose.
	Thats usually the kind of foolishness that kills a good run.
My $.02
Layda
Jeff '77 Terra 345/T19/D20