scout 80

I'm thinking of buying a scout 80 that is for sale near by( northern
Michigan). it has no  rust on the outside and some on the floor, the
exterior has been repainted so I don't know if is all bondo.  the
guy says every thing works but didn't say how well.  it has been used for
plowing.  he is asking for $1500 or best offer, should I offer and if so
how much?  I just think 80s are cool but I don't realy need one, so I have
to fight my "buy the first one I see" reaction, like i didn't do with my
scoutII.  I just want something scout to drive while I'm fixing the II,
but won't cost me an arm and a leg.  so is it a bad idea
NatE

Nate Campbell owner of the 1976 soon to be Woodie Scout II
         ,     Traverse City, MI ________
   '76 SII with the        Scout II Woodie (end goal)
    the top off and the doors
 the sidewalls and seats removed