Roll Bar & Gas Tanks

I finally got a hold of a roll bar for my '68 800A and to install it I need
to remove the gas tanks.  Any tips?

As long as I have the tanks out I am thinking about replacing the fuel
lines from the dual tank selector back to the tanks.  Having never worked
with tubing what advice does anyone have?  Am I biting off more than I can
chew?  Should I use steel or aluminum?  I will probably also put an in-line
filter in to the line from each tank.

Thanks for the input.

Steve Fischer
'68 800A     Topless and waiting to put on a bikini