Re: Batteries & Springs & hubs

Ken,
   I've had this problem with the Auto hubs and Joe Costanzo had it this
weekend as well. What I did was lock the hubs until I got new ones and
replaced them. This was OK for me because I had good u-joints on my
front drive shaft. Now, Joe, on the other hand, had his hub go and
already had a bad u-joint on his drive shaft so when we locked the hub
and drove over 30 MPH it shook something ferce. So, we pulled the front
drive shaft off and locked the hubs up. He lost front wheel drive but we
were done wheeling anyway.

Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided

   1979 Scout II 345, Auto, 3.07's, Trak-Lok, really cool pulling
clevis'. One Ugly and Trusty Truck covered in mud!

1971 Scout II 304, D30/44, D20, power steering.