Dana 20 to Dana 300 speedo cable answer

IH all,

Someone asked which cable to use when you swap out x-fer cases.  I just
did this swap so . . . I removed the transfere case end of the dana 20
cable(the part that screws onto the t-case), and pulled the cable back
through the frame hole and out the dash.  There is another hole in the
fire wall down by the brake and gas pedal that I rerouted the cable out
of, curved it back around and over the top of the transmission, then
down to the t-case.  The old end that was crimped on that I removed, I
used a punch and hammer to open the crimps back up, slipped the end back
on the cable and crimped it back on with a pair of dykes (sp?, no jokes
please!)  I did two crimps, with them 90 degs offset to each other.  You
don;'t want to crimp too tightly, or you will cause a bind in the cable.
With this routing, the cable is almost too long, but it is nice to have
some extra cable when you are removing the speedo cable.

Epp

76 Terra - 4 wheel disc brakes, custom built and installed 392, custom
gauges, jacobs ignition, pertronix ignitor, preluber, holley 4011 with
K&N filter, custom air cleaner housing, etc, etc,
Projects in the wings - twin stick dana 300, terra roll bar, custom roll
cage, lockers, reverse shackles, buggy spring, 5 speed overdrive

74 Scout II - soon to start a frame up renovation and conversion to a
SSII
78 Traveler (parts is parts)
75 Travelall - soon to be Highway Hauler from H*ll
75 Travelall another one (parts)
"The end does not justify the means"