Re: Advice required - Air injection workaround

As the putrid festering facial boil erupted, Jim Camery
<jcamery@domain.elided> yelled:

>holes in the manifold with small bolts?  For the stripped ones, could I use
>lots of teflon tape or J-B weld to tighten them?  I'd just as soon get rid

Jim,

My $0.02 worth...

Don't attempt to use JB Weld on an exhaust manifold.  JB Weld is a
*plastic* epoxy and *will* melt and burn.  I'm speaking from personal
experience.  Instead, you're probably better off trying to drill the hole
slightly larger and tapping it with new threads to accept a small pipe
plug.  Alternatively, you could try one of the newer ceramic based cements
available at auto parts stores, but I've never had any luck with them.
They all come off sooner or later.  The most permanent fix is mechanical
(drilling and tapping).

Regards,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com       |   I want to know the TRUTH about our
Conservative Libertarian         |     government's secret operations.
Life Member of the NRA           |
WA Arms Collectors               | That's why I watch the X-Files on FOX!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.    |
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/  | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model