questions

Finally got my Scout back together and running.
New Stan's chrome tri y's sound and look great.  Took her around the
neighborhood with open headers cause I couldn't stand the itch.  Bringing
it in for exhaust fab and install tomorrow.
Now I have a couple of questions:

My oil dipstick tube is rotted and broken, I would like to put in a new
one.  I'm assuming I have to drop the oil pan and braze in a new one.  Are
the parts available locally or will I have to mail order form one of the
scout places?  The other posibility is a front dip stick by the water pump.
 I think I remember seeing these on a couple of bus engines at the yard I
used to frequent.  Can I use one of these set ups?
Also , my drain plugs are stripped, they will go in but will not tighten to
any feasable torque.  They seep oil which annoys me.  Plus I am always
afraid they will pop out on long trips.  Can I cut out and braze in new
ones of those?  Again, are the parts locally available?
I have a spare oil pan from my rebuild project, and it will be replaced by
a new chrome job, so I may just use that one.  It also needs a dip stick.

Anyone with Terras, I have some minor issues with my top.  I broke the
front screws at either edge of the top.  How can I get them out and replace
them?  I had been not using them.  I only had two middle front screws and
two bolts in the back holding it down, which worked ok.  The other thing is
that in my haste I lost one of the screws last time I had the top off.
They look like special screws, self tappers maybe.  Does anyone know what
these are?  I think i can get a suitable replacement at the hardware store.

Ok, enough rambling
Thanks,
Jeff '77 Terra 345/T19/D20