Cable clutch question

O.K. if anyone else out there has a pickup of travelall with a cable
operated clutch, please help!  In fact, knowing IHC, a Scout is
probably the same, if it has a cable clutch.

I need to know if there is a metal bracket that holes the top end
of the outer cable housing?  Something that attaches to the metal
bracing that supports the brake/clutch pedal perhaps?  During all
my laying out clutch linkage parts on the floor in the garage, if there
was one, it has disappeared.  Now, the clutch still works, but the top
of the cable moves some and results in extra free play before it
starts to disengage the clutch.  So much so that I don't think it is fully
disengaging the clutch, which would explain my lack of any synchro
for 2nd gear on the 5 speed, and I have to double clutch to get into
3rd without grinding.  I can't live with it the way it is.  Something
has to change!

The confusion is that my service manual definitely shows a bracket
in the explanation of making the adjustment, yet the parts manual
does not show any shuck bracket. I have not been able to locate
any other manual transmission and cable clutch IHCs in the local
wrecking yards.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to go out and shine a flashlight up
there!

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup with frustrated clutch