Cable clutch question

I started putting in my 5 speed, but I think I have a problem
with puttin gin the clutch.  I'm converting an automatic
over.  I have the clutch/brake pedals in, but what does the
upper end of the clutch cable housing attach to?  I know the
end of the cable goes to the arm that is connected to the
clutch pedal.  The parts book shows a clip that goes into
a groove on the end of the metal sheath/housing of the cable.
But it does not show any kind of bracket that might nee to be
there, which my auto equipped truck does not seem to have.
I swear I had all the parts when I pulled to 5 speed and clutch,
but could someone with a manual pickup of t-all take a peek
and let me know 1) Is there a bracket, and 2) Where does it
attach?

Please reply direct to allanw@domain.elided, as I'll
be muscling the 5 speed in there tomorrow, and it would be
nice to the pedal connected to the clutch and test operation
BEFORE lifting that 192 lb monster tranny in place.

Mucho Thanks in advance!!!
Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup
soon 5 speed OD