PAINT JOBS!!! (Again...)_

Subject: PAINT JOBS!!! (Again...)_
Author:  Michael E Wethington at 5-M20053-TU
Date:    8/17/98 7:57 AM

     Hi all,

     My '79 Scout II is going to receive a brand new paint job.  I'm still
     not sure weather to do it myself or have someone do it for me.  (I am
     fairly reliable behind a spray gun.)  Last time I had a Scout painted,
     my cousin did it with IMRON paint.  But the paint seemed to chip
     uncontrollably.  It seemed that if you touched it with a cotton swab,
     a piece would chip off.  Is this normal for IMRON paint or did my
     cousin use too much hardener?  For my current paint job, I"m thinking
     about using PPG.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Any help is
     appreciated.

     Thanks.

     -Mike Wethington
     '79 Scout II