Re: Scout Digest v. Other Binders

At 10:27 AM 8/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I've often wondered... do you own an IH?  A tow rig for Krusty Motorsports
>or.. ?

i have a 1973 Scout II, which is currently not roadworthy -- the body
mounts are rusted in the usual way, it has the usual sag in the middle of
the body that comes from age and rust, and the exhaust system needs to be
replaced. originally it was to be Krusty's tow rig, but events conspired to
lead things down a different path, so currently we're using a 93 Ford
Econoline 350 cargo van for towing -- and quite frankly, i'm not sure the
scout has the wheelbase to let me feel comfortable pulling a 1500lb trailer
with a 2500lb race car on it.

i do love the scout, though, and would love to restore it to roadworthy
condition. perhaps some day -- right now, though, i'm busy starting a
business and coping with a 20 month old daughter.

cheers,
  richard