Tow Rig?

Well, in light of my penchant for thrashing my truck apart... I've been
contemplating a tow-rig of sorts...

I knew a friend had a 70s Travelette at their glass shop... I happen to run
into this friend after my court appearance this morning (No, the body man &
'72 Scout saga is not done yet..).  Turns out it's a 70s Travelette LONG BOX
(from what he said, anyhow).. 35k original miles, auto tranny (hopefully the
727), "large" motor... 345/392?..  His Dad bought it for $35.. the
interior's in great shape, exterior (from what I remember) is fine.. here's
the best part... the previous owner used it for his construction company..
and during a divorce, he liquidated all of his assets.... and sold this
friend's Dad the Travelette for $35... which he then halved with his wife.

I offered "double"... ;)

They haven't used the Travelette in over a year.. his Dad bought a '72 Dodge
pickup that he fell in love with (a beater truck) for deliveries and such
for the family's Glass business.

Now to just see what he'd take for it.... maybe I'll have a tow-rig / parts
chaser / camper hauler yet...

I forgot to ask if it was a 4wd, 1/2, 3/4, or 1T... but if the price is
right...

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs