Cummins in a ScoutII

John,

        From talking with the guy with the Cummins, he said it WAS NOT a 'drop
in'.  He had to move the radiator 3" forward, and the diesel was STUFFED in
there like no tomorrow.  Those engines are LONG and he said he had to make motor
mounts, tranny mounts, reroute every hose, and wire, and tweak the radiator core
support.  I should have my pictures back tonight, though I don't remember if I
took some of the diesel.  I'll let you know.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727 RE8000, Cibie40s, custom
                rear tire rack, 6 different color body panels.
                Not much sport, all utility.
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727 Hummer brush guard,
                3/4T rear springs, Hella Rallye 2000s, Con-Ferr 5x7,
                Class IV hitches front and rear, 3" Exhaust.
                1st Place, Rocky Mountain IH Rendezvous,
                3rd Place, Tulare IH Western Regionals

-----INCLUDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS-----

Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 20:46:16 -0700
From: John Fleck <jlfleck@domain.elided>
Subject: Diesel Ponderings

Hey all still catching up on digest but:

I want to do (in future) like that guy in California who put in a 6at3.4
4-cyclinder cummings diesel and got 26mpg in town and 36-38 on the highway.
I saw pics on his site and it was a clean install and pulled whell offroad
as the guy said

My other buddie is working on a diesel conversion using a 300 perkins
diesel. They did some conversions in the 70s on the Ford f-250 and such. It
mates with a T-19 with no adapter as the bolt pattern is SAE.

 I heard about the guy at RMIHR who had the 5.9 Cummings from a dodge
truck. I want to see pictures. Anyone know how to reach the guy or have
some pictures. I would love to chat with him. (TOM M. tell me you have
photos of this guys rig or Joel B.  )

Anyone know of any other succesful swaps that were fairly straigtfoward???

 ------  John L. Fleck  "The Fleckster"      ICQ # 8536313             +