Re: administrivia: non-member posting controls

>the good news is that the new controls just caught the first spam.
>the bad news is that they've also now obstructed two legitimate postings --
>which is where the additional administrative burden comes from. the
>tradeoff is that i'm not fiddling with my filters; it may come out a wash,
>in which case i'll leave the posting restrictions in place.

FWIW, ideally, everyone should double check that their email software is
configured with the proper "FROM" and "REPLY-TO" fields... using the
shortest representation of your email address (well, the one you give out,
and subscribed to the digest from).

FWIW, I've caught 10 or 12 SPAMS headed for the IHC-FAQ list just last
week.. *sigh*

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout IIs