Hi-Lift Jack Mounting

     Dan & All,

     I got my Hi-Lift a few weeks ago, and quickly realized what a missile
     it could become if not anchored down properly.  I used the spare tire
     eye bolt inside the cab (I have a spare tire carrier (sorry folks - I
     don't know where it came from)) to mount one end, and an engine
     hoisting loop attached at my roll bar mounts, along with a piece of
     chain, to hold the other end.  It's actually a bit too long to fit
     there, so it's angled up and the top sticks a couple inches above the
     bedrail height.  That is one heavy jack!  (As a side note for
     versatility - I used it just last night to help my brother fix a
     rental trailer we were returning - the crank stand wasn't retracting
     properly & we needed to take the weight off of it.)

     Now if I could only get stuck - again...

     Joe Costanzo
     '79 Scout II, now with grille guard, tow hooks, fog lights, and a
     chained down Hi-Lift, but no place to play.