Re: Critical Safety :Re: Subject: Painting a Scout

Robert:

I've got to say, for years I've said I was going to go with woodland
camo on my Terra with matching woodland camo for the interior
upholstered parts.

My main reason was simplicity and the ability to "spot" repaint after a
run through the brush. Plus, money was a factor. I loved some of the
finely reapainted Scouts at NWBR but I couldn't do that to mine and then
take it crashing down some of the trails I've been on. Too expensive to
ruin like that.

Plus, I always figured that I would not have to perfectly strighten some
of the dents it has if I went this route.

Now, in an effort to be sort of civilized, I'm thinking woodland camo
pattern on the sides, tailgate and part of the hood. But black wrinkle
paint on the lower rockers and part of the hood to make it look less
monotonous. The other half thinks that's awfull. Oh well.

The whole point is you have to balance the Scout's intended use with
what finish your going to give it. Perfect paint for a show Scout.
Something to cover it and easy to repair for an off road Scout.

Tom H.