Re: Critical Safety :Re: Subject: Painting a Scout

	An important safety tip from Owen:

> Noboby has mentioned that you need to invest in a GOOD quality painting
> respirator.

	Absolutely. MSA (Mine Safety Appliances) made the respirators we used in
the booth at MacDill AFB...used to be top-notch stuff. Pricey, too, but
it's your brain we're talking about here.

 	John had some excellent ideas for a homebuilt booth and mentioned doing
camo paint. I _strongly_ urge the use of flat paint for that; I just did my
'46 CJ with satin and it came out, well, fair. There's an outfit on the web
called Load-Up Surplus/Survival (or something like that) that sells
mil-spec colors in rattle-cans. I intend to use them for the paint for my
Scout, doing  a mil-spec woodland paint job.
	If anybody does go with a flat camo paint job, you'll get several
advantages: prepping is faster, you don't need a booth, there's NO finish
sanding, touch-ups take about a minute (*squirt* and your done)...the one
downside is if, you do a good job, you just might lose your Scout out in
the woods...

	tt

	Robert
	(A major fan of quick-drying enamels...)