Engine swap

Hello to all ihc subscribers.

I have 1980 Scout 11 with a 345 V8.  I rebuilt my Scout fram up and
Coated it with Ford Candy Red with 3 coats of clear.
I want to replace the tired 345.  I have been told by several
mechanics that a Chevy 350 or 305 tune port feul injected is the
best bet for a swap.  Can anyone varify this for me.  I have found a
350 Tune port feul injected, I am now looking for a tranny that will
work for this aplication.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Phil Clelland
http://www.wwmall.com/c3