RE:K and N Filters

**cut**

I've seen 4400 listed as the max rpm for a 345, which leaves me
running at
60-65 MPH.  Is this accurate?  Are the valve springs in trouble
at higher
revs?  I'd love more high end, but don't want to shelf the truck
to put in a
new cam.  Anyone have good results with those K & N filters?

**cut**

Alan,

The last time I wrote about these filters I screwed up and was being
lazy, apologies to Daniel Nees.  Anyways I really prefer paper air
filters for a few different reasons, unless you are going out to race in
dusty conditions I wouldn't use a K and N filter, if you are racing you
really can't wash a paper filter and how many would you bring anyways.
Not to mention the fact that say you race in a road rally, your going to
rebuild the engine when your done anyway.
I used to replace my paper filters in my truck every 10,000 miles, or 6
months, or heavy four wheeling, whichever came first without a problem,
I got rid of the truck with 160,000 thousand miles and it didn't burn a
drop of oil and when I had to go under the valve cover for a reason it
was clean.
I also believe in paper filters because where I've seen them used in
other applications.  They have them in respirators that will block bio
-hazards, and clean rooms will use a paper filter to filter the air to
their clean rooms(HEPA filters), granted companies like Intel don't go
to Kragens for these filters, but the two most important things to
humanoids have just been protected, LIFE and MONEY.  Anyway this is just
getting to be to much rambling.

Gary Ciraulo
<twoblackdiamond@domain.elided>

P.S. I've only visually inspected K and N before, when I was thinking of
using them in my truck and being able to wash them was the only
redeeming factor(in my mind) they had.