NWBR headed IHrs

Reapers headed North:

Three items here:

(1) "FLYING J" caravan point. Those of you planning on meeting at the
"Flying J Auto Plaza" in Troutdale, OR Friday at noon, please make sure
you have sent me your name and maybe a cell phone or emergency contact
number. I need to know who to expect so that we can get the thing
organized and off to Monroe.

We are meeting at noon on Friday, August 7th at:

    Flying J Travel Plaza
    400 NW Frontage Rd
    Troutdale, OR 97060
    (503) 665-7741

Let me know if you plan to be there. People with CBs have agreed to use
channel 7 for communication in the area. We will be pulling out at 1:00
PM at the latest. If you have an emergency on the road and want help,
decide you can't make it to the Flying J after all, or anything of that
nature, please call the Flying J and leave a message for me personally
or anyone of us. I'm sure if you tell them a bunch of Scout folks are
planning on meeting there at 12:00 to organize a caravan, they will be
most helpfull. If you are unsure of the location of the Flying J, put
the address in Yahoo maps and print yourself off copies as needed.

So far, these are the members I know to expect:

 Tom Harais & Joel Brodsky
 Steve Larson & Guest
 Tom Mandera
 Ken J Hitchcox & company

Dennis Ziemanksi may or may not come by, but he will be in Portland and
has graciaciously provided his phone number and an offer to help out if
anyone get's into trouble. If you want it as well before you get to the
Flying J, write him and request it. I don't want to post it here, in
respect of his privacy.

(2) Michael Shaw will not be driving up with me to Portland as he can't
make the NWBR after all. I will be driving up with Steve Larson from
here in Antioch on Thursday. We are going to to to Bend, crash at
Steve's mom's and get up Friday and head to Portland.

We would like to know if there is anyone else from California, Southern
Oregon or anywhere else, that would like to coordinate and join us
before Portland (Flying J) please let me know now. We are flexible and
would welcome anyone that wants to caravan.

(3) At this point, my backup for picking Joel Brodsky up from the
Portland Airport on Friday morning will be Steve Larson. If for some
awfull reason, neither Steve nor I can make it from Bend to Portland
before noon, I'll call on Dennis Ziemanski or Ken Hitchcox and ask if
they can go over and pick Joel up and take him out to the Flying J. If
that shouldn't work, I'll call the Flying J, and Tom Mandera will have
to go by and get Joel and his way to Monroe.

I plan to pick Joel up at 10:30 at the Portland Airport in front of the
America West terminal. He will be on flight 2960 out of Phoenix.

That about covers everything. Remember to let me know if you want to
join in so I can plan on it.

Tom H.