Re: Oil Pan <--> Heat Stroke?

Ken,

Thanks for your response.  You may be right!  In fact,
that was my original belief too.  It would seem to me it's just too easy to
make things interchangeable than to make things different.
Especially when the only thing changing here is the model of
vehicle.  The motor is (supposed to be) the same (345).

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  Perhaps in the sweater whether
we've been having here, a drop of sweat obscured
my vision and I actually spun the cover a full 360 instead of 180 degrees
before I "tried it again"..   Dunno.  We were darn near delirious!   Not that
this is IH related, but I could wring out my shirt and watch the sweat pour
out of it, as if I pulled it out of a bucket of water!  (Sorry, no more "body bulletins"
today!)

As for the motor mount and tranny mounts, calling around I discovered:

NAPA can't get 'em anymore (at least no one in Tulsa area can!).
Boneyard says ~ $35 for all three of 'em (motor & tranny) if I pull'em!

Thanks again,

--Pete

>>> Ken J Hitchcox <lipodog@domain.elided> 7/27/98 4:17:15 PM >>>
Pete,

Seems mighty fishy to me. I took a 345 from a p/u and put it in my Scout.
I had to swap a lot of stuff over from my 304 and to oil pan bolted right
up!

So it seems very odd that yours didn't. I would check around before you
go and get custom fabrication done.

Ken

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]