Vapor Lock Control

>From: tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera)
>Subject: Vapor Luck + Fuel Return Lines
>
>Hey gang.. September 98 issue of "4x4 Power" has a "Letters" entry...
>
>"I drive an early Bronco and tried different combinations... Carter electric
>fuel pump to my cast-iron '65 Mustang 4bbl. intake and carb.  However, a
>simple fix would have saved me tons of time and money: I purchased an inline
>fuel filter with one inlet and two outlets (one outlet has a smaller
>diameter than the other).  I installed it as you would normally, but I ran
>some fuel hose from the second (smaller) outlet back to my gas tank to act
>as a return fuel line.  My Bronco didn't have a return line on it when I
>purchased it, nor did it have a mechanical fuel pump.  I no longer have any
>fuel-related problems such as vapor-lock, and my Bronco is running better
>than ever.
>
>Merle Howard, Newton IA.

Yep, after Merle followed my advice, no more problems. See you guys and
gals, better listen up, when Ol' Saline expounds on vapor lock, or is it
"hot air" that he puts out. Thanks for posting that, Tom. Interesting
that you should find it just when we figured it out.
John H.

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
"Perhaps more to remember than ever really happened"
Life Member, National Rifle Ass.     California Rifle and Pistol Ass.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group and MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"