Navistar Diesels, etc.

I have recently been given an opportunity to pick up a 1990 Ford 350 with a 6.9L Navistar V8 diesel in it.  Obviously, I have ulterior motives for this......

If you haven't guessed, I would like to consider transferring the diesel out of the ford and into an IH....I am pretty certain the logistics of stuffing it into a Scout are probably too radical, so I am looking at the Travelall as a possible candidate.  This should provide sufficient room to fit the diesel, but what about transmissions and such? As I haven't really done enough research yet about this, I can only assume the stock transmission bellhousing and input shaft are going to be a problem...Has ANYONE considered this swap as viable? I noticed there seems to be alot of talk about switching in the GMC drivetrain, but NOTHING about this great V8 diesel that, IMHO beats the GMC version all to heck....

Is it worth the swap????

(I would like to somehow retain the use of the stock transmission.  The 345 currently in the Travelall is VERY strong, and would simply be swapped in place of the 304 in my Scout II)