tougher than Ford Tough

To my fellow Scouters and IH'ers

I have been receiving this list for many month's now.  I will admit I have
learned some very interesting things about Scouts and other International
trucks, but for the most part it's just been a hassle trying to keep my mail
box empty.  When I first subscribed to this list I was very much a Ford person
(no, it is not immoral to spell out the name of another truck manufacturer).
I grew up with them and knew enough to keep them running.  But since I started
working with a guy here in Fort Wayne who specializes in Scouts and IH pickups
(parts and maintenance), I have come to realize that if there ever was a
vehicle built tougher than Ford tough it would have to be an International.
Some say I have been converted.  I guess you could say that since I recently
purchased my first Scout.  It's a '72--not one spot of rust! Just came home
from Arizona not long ago.  It's very ironic.  This truck was born here in
Fort Wayne before I was.  Then it was shipped to Arizona.  Now 25 yrs. later
it's back in Fort Wayne and I own it!  I have no doubt this will be one of the
nicest trucks I've owned (after many hours and $$$)

Well now that I've introduced myself, I think I'll be leaving.  I have a Scout
that needs my attention.  I can't be sitting around reading about air-powered
water rifles or garages or complaints about parts-stores etc............I
don't want to downplay the wealth of info that is available from the very
knowledgeable IH'ers on the list.  My problem is that when I sit down to my
computer I have to sift through the trivial postings to get to the good stuff.
I'd rather be working on my Scout!!  So, when I get my Scout finished (if
that's possible) and I have nothing else to do,  I will re-subscribe to the
list.

Thank you   and  Happy Scout'in

Chuck Mynett
'72 Scout