Re: Rebuilt engines

Our Navistar Dealer told me that Navistar was discontinuing the gas engine line and that the new engines would be out of inventory sometime in the summer of 1982 or thereabouts.  They indicated that the rebuilt 345 and 392 engines would continue to be available indefinitely through Navistar but actually rebuilt by "Franklin Parts" which I believe may now use the name Franklin Rebuilders or something like that. Best regards, Kim Sol, 1980 Scout 345.