Re: Gold box question

>Chris wrote:
>
>While re-wiring my stereo this weekend, I accidently left my ignition in the
>"on" position for an hour or so.
>
>I have heard that doing this can damage the electronic ignition module.
>
>Coincidently, my Scout now will not start when hot.  It runs fine, and starts
>fine when cold.  My question is, does the gold box just "go", or can it cause
>intermittent problems such as this?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris
>76 Scout 345...

Chris,
The first thing to check is that you are getting spark when it won't start.
If you are not getting spark you'll probably have to replace the Gold Box.
The coil could also be the problem, but not very likely.

If you are getting spark I would suspect vapor lock. Make sure that the
accelerator pump will squirt fuel into the engine when it doesn't want to
start.

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs, CO
1980 Scout, 304, T19, Dana 300