Re: ihc-digest V5 #232

	The function of the Dashpot Assembly on the carb is to slowly
reduce engine Rpm's in the event of rapid deceleration. It may well be
that it functions as an emmisions device but It was explained to me as
being more of a safety device; ensuring that the vehicle doesn't die in
the event of an emergency deceleration.  Consequently, I'd think twice
about removing it. Unless the carb is being used with a manual
transmission.
	On another topic can anybody think of another reason for oil
aireation besides a faulty pump or pickup? I've replaced these and still
have little bubbles in my oil. -Thanks in advance.

						Happy Scoutin'
						-Tom Kemp
						1974 Scout II

P.S. Sorry about the subject heading and mail I'm responding to -or lack
of, my E-mail system is real bad.