Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 16:27:02 +0000
From: Nick Cuskey <ncuskey@domain.elided>
Subject: Removing the hard top
Hi all,
It's march, and spring's right around the corner.  One thing, though.  I
just got my first scout 3 weeks ago.  It's a traveler, and I'm
wondering, when I take the top off, does the gate go too?  Should I just
get one of those net lookin' deals?  Also, how do I go about removing
one?
Thanks,
Nick
'77 traveler, 345, 2bbl, glass packs, nasty green paint (I like it)!
-----------------------------

Rob,

     Tie a shoelace to the throttle arm, leave the hood cracked a bit, and drive
home using the shoelace through the window.  If necessary, use two laces tied
together.

     AHA!  Tie the end of the cable to the end of the accelerator transmission
kick down rod mount.  Smooth sailing.

BTW  I build all my own cables and just buy the raw cable from the hardware
store.  Threaded clamp ends, and aircraft stainless cable.  I carry about 6ft of
spare with me.  Cost about 50 cents, but it may get me home sometime.

-Joel Brodsky
-76 ScoutII 345/727
-75 T'all 150 4wd 392/727