RE: Re: Expensive adaptors.

> The big issue is the bolt pattern.  A Jeep Dana 300 uses an SAE (round)
> pattern.  The Jeep and Scout Dana 20s, and the Scout Dana 300 all use the
> same "Texas" bolt pattern.

That was my hope.  If you swipe the entire Jeep "power unit", engine through
xfer case, then it isn't an issue.  In fact, you now have access to stuff like
the new gear set.

Then the question is can you slide this "power unit," which I suspect will be
quite a bit shorter, into a position where the Chev won't hit your firewall or
your shifter sticks won't be under the dashboard?  Murphy says you won't
be able to.

Like I said, I don't have a Scout readily available (for shame), but I'll
run a tape measure on the J**p between any two points somebody
considers of interest.