Re: Expensive adaptors.

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Chris & Ranae Procyk wrote:

> I don't have a Scout, or else I sure that in 30 seconds
> I'd see why this won't work:
>
> What IS the meaningful differences between a
> Scout Dana 300 and a Jeep Dana 300?

The big issue is the bolt pattern.  A Jeep Dana 300 uses an SAE (round)
pattern.  The Jeep and Scout Dana 20s, and the Scout Dana 300 all use the
same "Texas" bolt pattern.

Thus, the Scout Dana 300 can be bolted in place of a Scout or Jeep Dana
20.  But it takes some doing to mate a Jeep Dana 300 (round) to a tranny
originally setup for a Texas Dana 20.

-Tom