Flame arrestor

Hi everyone,
     I posted this question awhile ago but did not get a reply. What is a
flame arrestor? My service manual lists it. My 72 emissions control
manual that came with the Scout lists it. What is it? Do I need it? How
is it different from a pcv valve? None of the parts stores I go to know
what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for any info.

George H
72 Scout II
345

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]