Starting Woes: Part Deux

	OK, here's what I did:  I went down to Radio Shack, got some 14
gauge wire and a "momentary on" button.  I ran a wire from the + terminal
of the battery to the switch, then to the starter solenoid.  I cleaned the
post on the solenoid meticulously, even filing the nuts a bit so there is
a nice, shiny metal contact.  No go.  Key and button have the same effect:
radio goes off and absolutely nothing else happens.  Does this mean that
the problem lies in the solenoid?  I have headers and I was told once that
the heat from the headers could be detremental to the solenoid function.
If it is the solenoid, how easy is that to remove and install?  How much
should I expect to pay?  How can I prevent the same problem from happening
again?  Help me make my Scout live again... ;)

				DurangoMan