Don't fret, Dan

Dan laments...
>chime in and give us some encouragement that people are indeed
>comming into the light not running from it.

Dan,

Been lurking here for about 6-months -- every since I actually went to the
end of the rainbow and found a beat-near-to-death '73 Scout done over in
bad camouflage. I love that poor excuse of a huntin' truck. My brother owns
a J**P.  All it would be worth to me is a couple of front backing plates,
disc calipers, and hoses.

You guessed it. I've been through the tech files but still can't decide if
I want to try the brake conversion. I mean, come on - those are J**P parts
we are talking about. Till I decide - looks like the floor pans are weak
enough I can do the Freddy Flintstone if things turn bleak ;<)

I have enjoyed all-you-all's musings, commentary, flaming, and even some
useful Scout information on occasion. So, don't let us rookies down. Keep
hacking away at the uninformed J**P driving devils.

By the way, I also drive a Triumph Spitfire, have owned several TR-6s and
cart around all sorts of British bits. I'm I a qualified target for DARK ??
I'll be watching out my window for a slow passing IH w/ missiles mounted on
the roof.

Kenton Towner
In the middle of South Carolina with a --

'73 Scout II, standard as can be u-t-h w/ 304, 10.5x31, no heat, no air,
violins for front brakes, and rust to spare. On the bright side - I have
all my glass and I can usually start it.