Re:Fuel line

>Howdy all,
>
>I need some more info on the Gas Tank Installation Saga.  What type of
>fuel line is used to go from the rear of the Scout to the Front of the
>Scout?  I know that a rubber fuel line is used from the fuel sender to a
>line.  But what is that line?  Is it rubber?  Plastic?  Aluminum?
>Steel?  I don't know what the previous owner did, but it looks like I am
>supposed to hook up the rubber line to a Plastic? line that runs rear to
>front.  I thought this was the line used for the gas evap system.  Any
>one want to give me their view?  I hope to finish the installation
>tonight.  All I have to do is hook up the fill neck and the hoses to the
>vent/overflow system, and tighten up the mount bolts.  I really need to
>know if this plastic line was the one to use.
>
>Thanks
>
>Epp

Epp,
The fuel line on my Terra was a kind of plastic. Because my EFI needs to
have a return line, I put in a new steel line for supply and used the
plastic line for the no pressure return.
That plastic line is tough stuff, but I suspect it makes you a little
nervous to be using 20 year old plastic for gas. I've never heard of a
problem with it, but that doesn't mean much.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Founder of DARK  "DRIVERS AGAINST RIDICULOUS KRAP"
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"