Re: Drag Link Torque

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Tom Mandera wrote:

> I replaced the boot on my drag link last night.. but no where in the
> IH manual, or my Chilton, could I find the torque specs.
>
> Since I used my legs to break the old nut free (Yes, that was *after*
> removing the cotter key!), I just tightened it up pretty well and put
> a new cotter pin in place..
>
> Is that the way to do it?

That's the way I've always done it on those sorts of things, and I
haven't had a problem yet.  It's never even occurred to me to look for a
torque spec.

Speaking of trouble getting stubborn front suspension parts off..
Reminds me of changing the ball joints on the '69 Charger I had in
college.  The whole ball joint screwed into a huge threaded hole in the
A-arm.  They were quite unimpressed by the biggest breaker bar I could
find.  Had to rent an impact wrench to get 'em out.

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 // VISA & MasterCard
*HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
 Grain mills, water filters, quality simple-lifestyle & outdoors products
*INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt, 1783