Re: Crankshaft spacer for automatic transmission

On Sun, 1 Mar 1998, IHMagellan wrote:

> How do you go about removing the spacer from the crank in order to
> convert from an automatic to a manual?  There doesn't appear to be
> enough room to get a gear puller to grab the back side.  As near as I
> can tell, there aren't any threads in any of the holes to allow the
> use of a steering wheel puller, either.

I've never seen one o' them beasties so this may be way off the wall,
but it wouldn't be the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.. :)
Could you thread the holes so you _can_ use a steering wheel puller or
(better yet) harmonic balancer puller?

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 // VISA & MasterCard
*HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
 Grain mills, water filters, quality simple-lifestyle & outdoors products
*INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt, 1783