Re: Mallory Distributors

John,

I measured the Prestolite shaft and the dia is "0.4834 inches".  The
Prestolite shaft is constant diameter.

My mallory had a step in it.  Started out the same as the Prestolite but
went up to 0.500 I believe.  Anyway it was the wrong configuration on the
length and the distance that the blade was carried up the shaft.  This
last is what Mallory worked on the last time.  Works fine now!

Glad to hear that Mallory is still running.  The SuperShops debacle was
mentioned to me by Dave Forbes @ Mallory.  He was hoping it didn't kill
Mallory, so there must have been some tie.  Owned by the same parent
perhaps.

I also have another dist.  Bought it as a backup in case the Mallory
didn't work.  I don't know the manufacturer, but the casting doesn't look
like the Prestolite.  I can investigate and see what it is and what the
shaft dia is.  The gear is still on it.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "'Necessity' is the plea for every
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/   infringement of human freedom.  It is the
   _/        _/ _/   _/         argument of tyrants; it is the creed of
 _/    _/ _/    _/ _/    _/          William Pitt, 1783