Re:Your upcoming suits.

Harvesters, soon to be the Gleaned,

Now you've done it. Beware of guys who look like process servers, 'cause
I'm suing almost everybody on the digest. Some of you are more guilty
than others, but there is a collective guilt too.

The particulars:

First of all, I'm going to get Steve Stegmann. Before I "met" Steve, I
didn't even know mold grows on automobiles. Then last year, I tell Steve
there is all this funny stuff growing on the inside of my Scout and he
tells me it is mold and to use Chlorox to kill it. I did, but I also
bleached big white spots in my fairly good pants. This year, even here in
sunny California I've got mold on my seat belts, on my floor mats, on the
vinyl part of my seats and just about everywhere. And what would Steve
tell me if he knew about this. He'd tell me to use some Chlorox, no
concern about my clothes. I'm convinced, no Steve, no mold.You know, I
believe that when we had lunch with Steve and Ann that he had Bleu Cheese
on his salad. See, now that's proof.

Second of all, there's the rest of you. I went out to install my MSD
adjustable timing device and I couldn't find a 3" by 4" space anywhere in
the engine compartment to mount it. As I surveyed all the crap that I
have fastened where there used to be empty sheet metal I realized it was
the "Keeping up with the Digest" syndrome and that if you hadn't made be
suffer from "gadget envy" that I wouldn't be in this predicament. Now you
have to admit that you bear a collective guilt, don't you?

Thirdly of all, there's Howard, Tom, John, Paul from Boeing who got me
started on this list and then dropped off himself (he must have forseen
this type of problem), Jim, Paul, Eldon, the kids who are just starting
out with their vehicles, and all the rest of you, who made me feel that I
should have enough sentiment over this old tangle of iron, that I would
still be driving it fondly when lesser folks are grinning out from their
half-the-weight-and-half-the-nuisance tin cans.

Grand Cherokees forever! or at least as long as they'll last.

So, that's my case. Watch out for the guys who look like process servers,
they probably are.

I suppose some of you think I say all this somewhat fondly, fat chance.
John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
Life Member, National Rifle Association     California Rifle and Pistol
Asc.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group  Member, MacTwain Macintosh Users
Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"