Re: Your upcoming suits.

An example of <hofs@domain.elided>'s troubled thought patterns:

>You know, I
>believe that when we had lunch with Steve and Ann that he had Bleu Cheese
>on his salad. See, now that's proof.

Can you say "Conspiracy Theory"?

BTW, Conspiracy Theory is a great movie John.  It came out last year.  Mel
Gibson starred in it and directed it.  It's on video or pay-for-view.

>Second of all, there's the rest of you. I went out to install my MSD
>adjustable timing device and I couldn't find a 3" by 4" space anywhere in
>the engine compartment to mount it.

Alas... I have the same problem.  I'm adding an IH cruise control from my
parts rig to my daily driver and I can't find a place to mount the vacuum
module.  My MSD6A control in where IH originally would have mounted the vacuum
module.

My solution?  Built up another layer of junk by using brackets made of flat
bar!  After that, I'll have to start mounting stuff under the truck.

>As I surveyed all the crap that I
>have fastened where there used to be empty sheet metal I realized it was
>the "Keeping up with the Digest" syndrome and that if you hadn't made be
>suffer from "gadget envy" that I wouldn't be in this predicament. Now you
>have to admit that you bear a collective guilt, don't you?

John!  I'm shocked that a Libertarian minded person such as you would think
this way.  No one *forced* you to install those gadgets.  No one grabbed your
hand and *made* you turn the wrench.

Where's *your* sense of personal responsibility?

I suppose next you'll start some new "victim's rights" group called "DARK"?
Driver's Against Ridiculous Krap.  Will the DARK forces be lobbying Congress
for regulations against discussing aftermarket accessories over the Internet?

Sheez!

>Thirdly of all, there's Howard, Tom, John

I consider it a privilege to be lumped in with such a great bunch of
criminals!

>Paul from Boeing who got me
>started on this list and then dropped off himself (he must have forseen
>this type of problem)

Certainly there's really no excuse for Paul W.!  The turncoat is a Jeep man
now.  I always suspected there was something wrong with him the way he would
get mad when someone would jokingly use "Jeep" as a four letter word (isn't
it?).  Should've seen it coming all along.  I feel so violated having shared
my deepest IH secrets with him, only to have him cross over to the other side.

But seriously John H., quit your whining and get that Adjustable Timing Unit
installed before Tom Mandera gets one first!

Regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)