Re: transfer case

Bill,

   >>It appears we have the same vehicle ('75 SII, 727, D20),

So *you're* the guy who keeps leaving plastic straw wrappers all over the
place and running my gas tank dry!  I knew my mileage couldn't be that bad.

   >>I have seen sales brochures from IH that advised dealers
   on how to shift in and out of 4lo.
   >>Come to a complete stop
   Shift the transmission slowly through the gears
   While shifting the transmission, put pressure on the transfer case stick
   Do not jam it in
   Repeat process to go into 2hi

My problem is that I get that ticking sound when I go into Park with the
tcase in Neutral.  It sounds really bad.  For now, I'll probably just avoid
4lo whenever I can, which actually shouldn't be too hard.
Thanks for the info, Bill.  If I *have* to use 4lo, I'll try this
procedure, and let you and the digest know how it goes.

Rob