Re: Need Help getting my Scout back on the road!

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Darrel Kline wrote:

>   The upper radiator hose on my 1980 Scout expired today. I spent half
> the day trying to find a replacement. IH went to a short neck
> thermostat housing in 1980 and no one seems to have the right hose.

Look in the Yellow Pages under "Hose".  Those places have a super tough
hose that you can buy by the foot.  It's built like a tire sidewall and
usually has a spiral wire or two built into it.  It comes in all the
standard radiator hose sizes and seems to be almost indestructible.  The
only downside is that it can't make real sharp bends; somewhere around
4" radius is probably close to the limit for the 1-3/4" stuff.

In my younger days when I lived and worked in farming country this stuff
was readily available at places like Cenex.  But here in the "civilized"
city, I can only find it at hose shops.

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 // VISA & MasterCard
*HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
 Grain mills, water filters, quality simple-lifestyle & outdoors products
*INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt, 1783