Re: Need Help getting my Scout back on the road!

Here is what my searching turned up...

Big A $18.00  Part Number: 20929  (have to order)
Checker $7.79  Part Number:  E70697 (have to order
NAPA $15.99  Part Number: 7589  (they had it)
CarQuest #14.64  Part Number:  20849 (they had it)

This is of course only a list of the places that atucally listed a part
number for them.

And as we all know no "Luke" post would be complete without some long
story :)

So on my searching I called Parts America, and I don't know if this is
true for all employies but our boy behind the counter should take a lesson
in 'listening'  I plaining said "I would like to price a upper raidiator
hose for a 1980 International Scout II with a 304 v-8"

Ok, hold on
what year was it again?
1980
a what?
Interational Scout II
who makes those?
International
No, who is the manufaturer?
International_harvester
there is a car company names International-Harvester?  Is it foriegn?
No, it is one of the older American makers
Why haven't I heard of it? *said in a snooty manner*
Cause you are from the city and you don't need heavy-duty trucks

Well after telling him it was a 80, a Scout (did they really name 'em
that?  Casue there are these Jeep/Bronco looking vehicles names Scout's
*YES!!!!!!!  THOSE ARE INTERNATIONAL SCOUTS!!!!!!

But then I told him what size engine at least 3 times, and assured him
that I indeed didn't make up the vehicle, and then told him again what
size enigne it had, he came back with "we don't stock it, but maybe we
could special order"  I said "no that is ok"

Luke