Need Help getting my Scout back on the road!

IH'ers,

  The upper radiator hose on my 1980 Scout expired today. I spent half the
day trying to find a replacement. IH went to a short neck thermostat
housing in 1980 and no one seems to have the right hose.

  I checked with Napa, Western Auto, and Pep boys and nobody listed a hose
for the short water neck (sigh). They also tried to physically match it up
with the hoses in stock without any luck.

  Could someone with a 1980 Scout check his or her upper hose for the part
number? The part number on my hose was cut off when the hose was cut down.

Napa did have the lower radiator hose (part #7588) for $22, Ouch! I bought
one anyway.

Darrel Kline
Colorado Springs, CO
1980 Scout II, 304, T19 close, Dana 300