Welders......pros and cons

     Many moons ago, I bought a cheapie mig welder from Harbour Freight
     do sheet metal with, and have basically given up on the thing due
     poor quality, and I can't read the directions (they're in Italian).

     So....I'm looking for advice and recommendations on a good home
wire
     feed welder that will do sheetmetal work as well as frame welding
     work.  (what is that, 1/4" thick?)  I would like to go with a gas
less
     setup (flux wire?) as the gas bottles freak my wife out. ("You're
     gonna blow up the house!!!")

     Jeff (married to a woman with an El Nino personality)