Re: Pinging

>1) I've heard no pinging under any conditions yet, and that's with 85
>octane gas.  I'm a little worried that it is pinging and I'm just not
>hearing it over road/wind/engine noise.  Is that possible?  Could someone
>describe the sound of a ping (it sounds like a "ping", duh) for me?  Is it
>impossible to miss?

Pinging mostly happens at low elevations and particularly under a "pull".
In my case, I think it is impossible to miss, although I guess you could
think it was something else. If you are hearing a strange
regularly-occurring noise under load, you probably are getting a ping.
Here in California, as soon as I reach 2500 feet or so, I couldn't get my
Scout to ping. In the Central Valley, I can't get it to stop if I
accelerate.
John Hofstter