Re: ihc-digest V5 #206

<< I spent the whole day fighting my old steering box to get it out of the
truck.
 I bolted the new one in, hooked up the hoses, bled it, hooked up the steering
 column and then figured out the rotation is wrong.  Turn the steering wheel
 left and the wheels go right.  If you order a rebuild or pull a similar one
 out of something in a junkyard, make sure the rotation's correct before you
 bolt it in.

The full-size pickups use the same saginaw box that the chevies and jimmies
do, but the guts are different, since they mount 180 degrees opposite the IH.
Found this out with my 74 200 4x4.  Fortunately I was working in a warehouse
driving fork lifts at the time, and had gotten enough used to steering like
that that I could still use the binder in the farm lot, until I could get back
to the junk yard and tell the SOB to read his Hollander manual a little
closer.   ;-)
John